Activity Haven Discussion Group
- Deadline is Monday, January 7, 2019
- Register at Activity Haven front desk and
- Send your name, email address, and telephone number to:
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- At Activity Haven
Limited group size, so sign up early. All prospective members of the group must have access to a tablet device or computer and the Internet to complete the weekly readings.
Perception of Reality – Discussion Group
Did you ever want to be an amateur philosopher? Now is your opportunity. Through a series of seven 1½ hour sessions, the group will probe some of the fundamental questions of life and reality. Curiosity, inquiry, and a spirit of levity will guide the discussions. Members of the group will prepare by reading selected articles from the website each week. Topics include:
- Why is there something instead of nothing?
- Why is there this something?
- Why am “I” me instead of somebody else, or multiple people, or all people?
The external world
- What is space?
- What is time?
- What is the physical world made of?
Between the external world and internal world
- How does the observer influence the observed?
- How does perception interact with external reality?
- What is life?
- What animates living things?
Our internal world
- What is consciousness?
- How does consciousness relate to the external world?
- What am “I”?
- How do we know what we know?
- What is reality?
- Is ultimate certainty possible?